Stubborn valve seat removal?

Seeing increasing drip-by and low washer life on Gerber (~ 25 year old style) shower valves - managed to get the cold side out and replaced, but the hot side is beyond rounded out and will not budge using a seat removal tool. There is no access other than the cutout in the shower wall. Any suggestions on how to go about removing it without damaging the outer portion of the valve unit?
Please reply to group. TIA
I have gotten them with a square piece of metal stock. like the tool you use on symmons shower valves.

"Sethvir"
I have good luck with the tapered straight seat wrench. I just bash on it, cutting into the brass, and then unscrew it. If that doesn't work, you could trim a hacksaw blade to fit inside the seat, and then cut the seat in half, down to the threads. It'll come out then.
Thanks for the replies. I asked at the local plumbing supply as well, and was "loaned" ($1/day) the proper size "easy out " to fit just inside the seat. Soaked the threads with WD40, applied a little torque via a 1/4" drive rachet, and out came the seat!! I now have a like new hot water valve with new seat and washer.