Broken valve seat

Broken valve seat open original image

Leaking hot water faucet. It's not the washer..I'm guessing it's the valve seat? How do I get it out? Hardware stores only sell square and hex shaped tools and mine is round.

MCostello

If it's round how would any tool engage it to get it out?

Reply to
trader_4

Pipe nipple extractor?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Are the round seats, in fact, removable, or does he need one of those little re-surfacing tools made to smooth out the sealing surface ?

Reply to
Retired

Like this:

Retired

I think the answer is if it's round, it's not removable. Whether it's worth screwing around with, buying a tool to try to resurface it, depends on factors unknown.

Reply to
trader_4