Lowes Black Friday

Page 1 of 3

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/lowes-black-friday-ad.html

I do not click in to any link provided without some description. Perhaps you can use your fantastic vocabulary to tell us what you see, and just what your point is.
Steve

Lowes' Black Friday sale brochure. Some good deals.

I agree and your choice Steve. Description is in the subject. Assume most people who buy anything and know what Thanksgiving is know what Black Friday is. IMO, PART of determining whether to click on a link is who posted it. I don't think "stranger" quite fits my profile in this NG.
Again, as always, your choice.

I was in agreement until I hit the stranger part. I don't know many stranger people. :)~

Stranger for lack of a better word. Guess I don't have the "fantastic vocabulary" credited for. Not sure what that was all about. Doesn't matter.
Red Green wrote:

I initially thought it was SPAM until I noticed it was you.
Then I was going to click it, but since it's for Lowe's Mexican Hardware, I decided not to.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/407/lowesspanishcomp.jpg
Fuck Lowe's. This is America, we speak English here. Enabling individuals who refuse to assimilate into our culture, the most basic expression of which is a common language, is a culturally destuctive act, and I will not give any form of support to them.
Jon
On Nov 11, 1:50pm, "Jon Danniken"

Please make sure to let us know how your fight for linguistic purity vs. good ol' American greed/capitalism works out for you. I can't wait for the outcome! Thanks.
Danniken - that's a good Native American name if I ever heard one. Daniken is a Swiss name. It's curious that the Swiss have managed to combine Italian, French and German and have such a high standard of living, despite the mixing of cultures and languages. What are they doing wrong? Besides the Ricola commercials, I mean.
RicodJour wrote:

I make no bones that the root of the problem is created by both greed and misplaced compassion.
Jon

Sounds like you don't have much wiggle room in that area :-)
Red Green wrote:

Ya know, I used to, but the number are overwhelming this country. A few holdouts, yeah, well, people are people. Millions upon millions of people who thumb their noses at this country, while sucking the life out of social services and healthcare, are having a very real impact upon the cultural fabric of this country.
Jon
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:50:36 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

Well said.

Again, well said.

wrote Re Re: Lowes Black Friday:

You go, Jon. My Dad was the son of Polish immigrants, and was beaten with a belt when heard speaking Polish. My Grandpa used to yell at him, "You American. Speak American."
Steve

Ah, for the good old days, when whipping people was considered sport. Sheesh.
On 11/11/2010 5:21 PM, RicodJour wrote:

When I was a kid, the treatment for ADD Hyperactivity was regular beatings. It didn't work, it just made me hate and despise those who were beating on me. "Sit still or I'll spank you!", "Stop crying or I'll spank you some more!" It was an endless cycle. Now, children are drugged out of their minds. Stepford Children....
TDD

Which just goes to show that two wrongs do not make a right.

But three rights make a left!
-- Bobby G.
On 11/13/2010 12:07 AM, Robert Green wrote:

I remember my dad telling me about his first car, an old Model T that would only turn right. He had to make a circle to turn left. 8-)
TDD

When J. Edgar Hoover's driver nearly got him killed making a left turn on a four lane street, Hoover made his drivers make three right turns if they wanted to go left. Hence the title of his biography: "No Left Turns"
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
-- Bobby G.

My Dad's first car was also an old Model T. He said the junkyards were full of them, lots of them in running condition but used a lot of oil. They were cheap, and his even turned both left and right!