Lowes Black Friday

you might as well just turn off your computer

Reply to
leonard hofstadter
[snip]

Last time I was in a Loves, I noticed the "customer service" sign. It was in English, Spanish, French, Russian, and Chinese.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Which just goes to show that two wrongs do not make a right.

Reply to
Sun Chaser

But three rights make a left!

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I remember my dad telling me about his first car, an old Model T that would only turn right. He had to make a circle to turn left. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

When J. Edgar Hoover's driver nearly got him killed making a left turn on a four lane street, Hoover made his drivers make three right turns if they wanted to go left. Hence the title of his biography: "No Left Turns"

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

My Dad's first car was also an old Model T. He said the junkyards were full of them, lots of them in running condition but used a lot of oil. They were cheap, and his even turned both left and right!

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Remember the Disney cartoons/movies that showed the young men driving hot rods made from Model T's and Model A's? I'm trying to remember if the time period was pre 1940 and the guys were playing ukuleles and the cars had a coon tail on the antenna. I seem to remember straw hats and school team letter jackets too. I remember watching the cartoons and movies on our B$W TV back in the 1950's. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

and two rights make an airplane

Reply to
Steve Barker

The first time I recall hearing that joke was on "I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" which was around the time JFK was assassinated.

but it's still funnier than ever!

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Works fine for my 9V DeWalts. I even run them off 12V 7AH and 3AH UPS batteries. Plenty of torque, more than the original batteries since I'm technically 'overvolting' but since it has a variable speed trigger, I never really run it flat out. Much cheaper than buying a rebuilt pack and the smaller 3AH batteries are about the same size as the original pack. I broke open the old dead pack, pulled the connector off it and attached it to the battery with strapping tape. Not very elegant looking, but much, much cheaper than a rebuilt pack.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

For those of us who were too young at the time, and lack connections fast enough to watch video clips without screaming, can somebody please post the text of the joke?

Reply to
aemeijers

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two (W)rights (Orville and Wilbur) make an airplane.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I never found suitible replacement batteries at a good price, where did you get yours?

Reply to
Tony Miklos

I guess that was funnier back when there were still people around that remembered The Birth Of Flight...

Reply to
aemeijers

1963 was a lot closer to that historic date than 2010 is . . . I guess you had to be there. (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I never did, either. That's why I began using UPS gel cell batteries instead of rebuilding or replacing the DeWalt drill packs. I got the original two drills and 4 total battery packs on sale at Wal-mart for $50 but the cost of a single replacement battery pack was nearly $40. Not acceptable. All four packs quickly failed (poor design - center cell always failed first from overheating) so the drills had plenty of life left to them.

So I took some 12VDC AGM 7AH and 3AH batteries

($10 to $20 bucks each if you look around, $50 if you don't) and connected them to the proprietary connector I removed from the dead battery packs using slide on quick disconnects. When they run low, I attach them to a $10 gel cel float charger. After three NiCad DIY pack rebuilds and one very impressive short-circuit meltdown, I abandoned pack rebuilds and switched to gel cell lead-acid rechargeables.

Of course, it only works well on 9 to 12VDC powered drills . . .

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I like that. Good for working where's there's no power. And you don't have to toss a tool. But now you're dragging cord AND battery packs around. Seem to defeat the purpose of "cordless." Just saying....

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

OK I get it now. That one shown in the link looks fairly small, if you have that one or another small one, could you possibly give me the dimensions?

Reply to
Tony Miklos

message

In my case, I've been able to attach the 3AH battery to the base of one drill, so there's no cord to deal with at all. The other one's set up for running off a cigarette lighter plug which makes it useful for work inside the car/van. It means I don't have to drag out the large 110VAC extension cords nor worry about any possible electrocution issues.

I find it particularly useful to use on my little garden tool cart when I run around the whole house in the spring, drilling holes with an earth auger to lay down termite bait tubes. The 7AH hour battery sits on the cart (it's got a cigarette socket attached to it) and I plug the drill cord into that. Allows me to go around the house without getting an extension cord hung up in all the shrubs and such. A great deal, considering I didn't have to pay as much for a replacement pack of a defective design that probably wouldn't have lasted any longer than the original packs.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green