  • 2-gallon air compressor combo -
  • 30 AA alkaline batteries -
  • 6' fiberglass stepladder -
  • 1500 psi pressure washer -
  • Bedroom disco light ball -

Your needs may vary...

Reply to
HeyBub

Just one fellow? That's hardly a strong endorsement.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

By buying Chinese (or Sri Lanka or Bangledeshi, etc.) we are improving the life of both seller and buyer.

I suppose there are those, like you, who insist on driving a Rolls and buying their clothes from Seville Row.

Reply to
HeyBub

I think we can all use another bedroom disco light ball.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Funny how that one jumps out at ya. I don't know what I found more interesting-- that they still exist; that Lowe's has them; or that it 'caught Heybub's eye'.

I'm picturing Christmas morning-- He and his bride are still in their nightgown's out at the tree. She has lovingly gotten everything on his list. . . but he's only got eyes for that disco ball.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Only car I could think of that's made "in country." If you take that "buy domestic" attitude to its logical extreme, you'd have to be buying everything you consume from your next-door-neighbor.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sorry to disappoint you, but the disco ball is on HER list. Guess she was tired of vainly screaming "Let's get those colored lights a-going!"

I'm a happy man.

Reply to
HeyBub

Why would a church need a fire alarm? I thought God protected his churches..... OOPS...... My mistake..... God is a fairy tale!!!!

Reply to
justanotherdrunk

  1. God helps those who help themselves.
  2. Who do you think invented the fire alarm?
  3. Bigots will be bigots.
Reply to
krw

Watch me tie this thread to your comment:

Depends on what you mean, "hurt anyone else." Many nation-wide chains have had to adjust their "Black Friday" hours in Massachusetts because of

17th-century law prohibiting work on Thanksgiving.

"Some chains that had promoted midnight sales are amending their early-bird hours to comply with the state's 17th-century blue laws. The rules prohibit retail employees from working until the clock strikes 12 a.m. after Thanksgiving - leaving no time for staff to prepare for midnight openings."

HeyBub

??? what do you mean?? What's "it"?

Falls under "violence" in this context, see bullying ...

Reply to
Han

"HeyBub" wrote in news:x5-dnd3EcdGDp1jTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Ha!! I live in Bergen county, NJ. Blue laws galore. Only hardware, gasstations, food stores and restaurants are open on Sundays. Biggest concentrations of malls etc are rather close to the intersection of Rts 4 and 17, including an Ikea. Paramus voters repeatedly have voted down a repeal of the blue laws. Traffic is a nightmare on Saturdays, despite a rather large % of religious Jews. Canon fire down Rt 17 on Sundays won't hurt anyone, in a Dutch manner of speaking.

IOW, respecting those blue laws is respecting someone's opinions/feelings and therefore quite acceptable. Of course in the next county near me, Passaic, there are no blue laws and several "economic development" areas where the salestax is 3.5% rather than 7%. There are plenty of Lowes and HD in either county.

Reply to
Han

The battle between "free will" and "predestination", and the winner of said battle. In many ways, we're going through this phase again.

Um, no, it doesn't. Bullying *is* violence.

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That "battle" will always go on, I'm afraid. It's the level of violence that is deplorable. IMNSHO, while there is some predestination/fate, it is a "manifest destiny" to consciously steer our free will.

Then, I guess, I don't see the difference between non-violent persecution and an honest discussion of differences of opinion.

Reply to
Han

True, as will the violence. Deplorable? Change is usually violent. The more drastic the change the more violent. I don't consider The Reformation a bad thing. We need more of it.

Perhaps you believe people shouldn't be allowed to live where they want (own property) or hold a job because of their beliefs, for example?

Reply to
krw

Why? PC got your tongue? Religion needs more reformation, specifically the Muslim side.

The same. ;-)

1). Define "EARN". 2). Who made you God, so that you could #1
Reply to
krw

You have a funny definition of "violence". But you lefties are always redefining words to meet your agenda.

Does that go for the employer, too?

I see, so you don't believe people have the right to be free to do the work they want. Why doesn't the customer go where they're wanted? Everyone is happy.

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

As an agnostic/atheist, that's not in my purview. While generalizations have a basis in averaged perceptions, people aren't averages, but individuals. Judge individuals, not groups, unless the whole of the group poses a threat. If it is individuals, focus on them, especially the leaders.

I said, it was my opinions, implying yours may be different. Are you baiting me???

:)

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm just giving you back what you said before. YOU need to defend that or retract it.

I'm probably not understanding you. What governs the goose, should govern the gander.

People do have the right to be free and do the (legit) work they want. Why are you not getting that?

As a customer I have the right to choose where I shop AND buy what is legitimate merchandise. To say that the customer can only go "where they're wanted" sounds very racist to me. Mormons aren't allowed to buy from Muslims in your book?

Reply to
Han

And, aside from being an athiest, if I'm otherwise qualified to be a priest in the Catholic Church?

Reply to
HeyBub