True Value Black Friday Preview

BlackFriday.info

Red Green

Yep. It's that time of year again.

Last year I saw a dude carrying off SIX Rigid shop vacs from HD (at $24.95). Later I saw these same shop vacs advertised on Craigslist for $50.00 (store price, I think, was $75).

Reply to
HeyBub

Oh yeah- 2 years ago, I think, BestBuy had the HP netbooks for 180 bucks, and for a couple months afterward CL and eBay were hip-deep in them at 'only' 20 bucks less than the normal $300 retail price.

A lot of that going on. I tried the Black Friday game once, and will probably never do it again. Just Not Worth It, unless there is a HELL of a deal on something I actually need, versus just have hardware lust for. I think some of the insurance carriers and local PDs are starting to get pissy at the whole routine (fights, traffic jams, tramplings, etc), but so far the lure of the almighty buck for the merchants has outweighed common sense.

Reply to
aemeijers

Well, you CAN score some good deals. I got my first shop vac at WalMart for $15 a few years ago. Last year I got one of the aforemention Rigid shopvacs for $25. I got the HF Miracle Tool the first day it went on sale (Black Friday). a 4" bench vise at Northern Tool for $15, and so on.

I agree it is foolish to strive for an item where "supplies are limited" (the store's employees have already scarfed up the available stock).

Since I always carry one or two concealed handguns, I'm not too worried about riots and such. Or getting to the head of the line.

Reply to
HeyBub