Amazon selling HF stuff at inflated prices

They're selling the $60 HF multifunction tool on Amazon for $100 bucks!

Red Green

Looks like they swiped the pictures from HF too. Let's see, buy them on sale at HF then sell them on Amazon. I see profit, ain't that evil capitalism a lot of fun? 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There a a bunch of vendors on ebay that have been doing this for years.

Reply to
Larry W

....and there's undoubtedly thousands of people who will buy it from Amazon at that price. What's yer point?

nb

Reply to
notbob

notbob wrote in news:0nYwo.105$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.iad:

Your premise is wrong. I don't need one.

Reply to
Red Green

He's on a crusade against evil Republican capitalists. BeeHO should step in, take all their money from them and spread the wealth around. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

No, it's a private company that is an Amazon affiliate. Amazon is just the advertising vehicle (and gets a cut on the sale).

But you've give me a swell idea...

Reply to
HeyBub

Buyer beware.

Reply to
Joe Carthy

That has been going on on the local "Craig's List in the DFW area for several years! One individual (or store employee) was/is constantly reselling HF tools at a 15-20% mark-up. They don't stay long, so some uninformed must be buying them :>((. If you Flag them, the item will just show up several days later. Postings even have a ph.# !

Sparky

sparky01

I think we should get em on the run! Do a preemptive strike on Alaska, then our mission will be accomplished!

Reply to
Neocon Fat Slob

"HeyBub" wrote in news:8dWdnaqD8Nk5_1nRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Beaver?

Reply to
Red Green

It's possible that HF and this vendor are buying identical items from the same Chinese manufacturer and that the pictures come from the manufacturer. HF buys in far larger quantities and can buy and sell for a lower price.

BTW, until little more than a couple of centuries ago "trade" (i.e., buying at one price and selling at a higher price) was considered immoral. (It's not illegal, of course, but "legal" is not the same as "moral.") Making, building, repairing, producing were OK, but not trading.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Well, yeah. When a friend commented on my womanizing, saying "You're gonna wear it out!" I corrected him by saying: "Nah, it's like beaver teeth - you gotta keep it worn down or it'll kill ya."

Reply to
HeyBub

That's odd.

I thought "Buy low, sell high" was the mantra since time immemorial.

Reply to
HeyBub

Anyone who has paid more than $35 for the HF tool should learn to clip coupons. I think I got mine for 29.95.

Reply to
Colbyt

Offering, I can believe. But are they selling?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Colbyt" wrote in news:FJadnZMPa7FlDFnRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com:

For the variable speed electric one?

Reply to
Red Green

I thought a bunch of angelic Democrat operatives already had by bombarding the evil witch Palin with legal complaints which had the effect of bankrupting the then governor who turned out not to have unlimited wealth needed to fight them off. It was revenge for murdering, skinning and eating that moose. Bullwinkle was behind the campaign against her. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Single speed.