Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Key Fob Transmitters - We've Come A Long Way, Baby!
$250 for the unit, $40 for the T-Harness
23
23

Battery died and furnace off!
At 27 I'd expect water pipes to burst.
2
2

How many appliances should be on one breaker?
Whenever the question of wiring a workshop or garage comes up, I always mention that the lights should be on their own circuit, regardless of how many other circuits you plan to install. It really...
139
139

MyPillow
Its just a pillow. WTF is wrong with the 50 varieties of pillows they sell at Walmart?
20
20

oil furnace won't stay running
My oil furnace kept needing reset. We had a furnace repair guy come out. He replaced the primary control and cad cell. changed oil filter & nozzle. checked fuel line. Got everything working. (this was...
1
1

This video carcked me up....
Funny but what makes this stuff look unappetizing is his discussion while making. It does appear to be nutritionally complete and should be good food. The guy gets all yucky about using spinach but...
2
2

Motor mount
It looks like Sears does not stock it so you could try Ebay or just make one.
1
1

For all you house dwelling dopes with fireplaces . . .
Except for all the times I disproved his k'lames on physics, climate, abstract algebra, sine waves, ... I note with interest that you call him "Fakey", implying deep down that you know exactly what he...
4
4

gas furnace igniter glows,no flame
the flame sensor is good and the gas valve seems to be also
3
3

Silestone burnt stain
Just call them. That's all I did. My contractor bought the Corian. I didn't have any paper work. When I called Corian, they knew me by name.
17
17

Frozen radiator knob
Hi, In our upstairs bedrooms there are older radiators for heat. Not the really old cast iron ones. I guess they are kind of like baseboard style heating units but with big metal covers that are...
1
1

OT, Snow!
Yikes! How often do people have trouble starting their vehicles at those temps?
72
72

Gas fireplace with heating that can work without electricity
If it puts out enough current to operate a gas valve it is more likely to be a thermopile . Often used as a current/voltage source with floor furnaces .
11
11

excellent price on LEDs yesterday
these are track lights, rarely used, originally meant to light paintings as the house was built as a studio/gallery and summer home. they get used maybe 50 hours total a year. that's 12 out of the 18...
5
5

Water ph
How do i check water ph?