MyPillow

Has anyone bought any of MyPillow pillows? What is your opinion of them?

Gordon Shumway

Never bought one, but they were on the news where BBB just revoked their approval, went from an A rating to an F over various issues.

Reply to
trader_4

I don't own one but you can/could buy them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. If you have one of their 20% off coupons even better. If you don't like it you can return it and save yourself the postage if you buy from the mypillow site.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Have you checked the reviews on Amazon?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

My wife likes it. IMO, it's nowhere near as nice as my firm down pillow (which was, admittedly, about 50% more expensive). If you are looking for a soft pillow you won't like it either.

Reply to
Bill

We have two and my wife and I like them. Not sure if they are worth the price, but seems that any good pillow is close to the same.

I think the prices are somewhat misleading. If I remember they are $100 on the web and $ 50 in the stores but you get one "free" if bought online. Seems the same price to me. When they come in the mail they are compressed and you have to run them in the dryer for a while. My wife puts hers in the dryer about once a month to fluff it back up.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I've been skeptical and wanted to see one before buy a very expensive pillow. At Walmart they had one in a sealed box but wife saw one at Bed Bath and Beyond. felt it and did not like it. Amazon reviews are not that great.

Reply to
Frank

Yeah, they're fairly evenly split with either real high or real low ratings.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

The company head was on a talk show a few years ago. He's a a clean addict. I guess he makes a point of hiring others. One of the official complaints about the company had to do with advertising. Buy one get one free was supposed to be a special deal. They ran the promotion so long that it couldn't be called a special deal.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

ChairMan

Per Gordon Shumway:

No, it looks to me like ol' Mike likes that pillow a little *too* much..... -)

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

It sounds like BBB is pissed about their pricing not the product or service. That sounds like a lot of BS from BBB

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I think the BBB is affter them for the advertisments. From what I heard they say something about a Sleep Association or some such. That seems to be something they started. The advertisements seem to indicate the pillow will cure many things. Just the typical infomercial hype.

As I mentione we have 2. I sleep on one and can sleep on just about anything. My wife is very choosey about a pillow. She sleeps on one, but about once month she complains about it and sleeps on anoter type. Puts the MY Pillow in the dryer for a while and is happy for another month.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Ralph Mowery brought next idea :

Official pillow of the National Sleep Foundation. :)

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Its just a pillow. WTF is wrong with the 50 varieties of pillows they sell at Walmart?

Reply to
Ben Duped

I think that was one of the complaints in the news that they talked about and it was part of the reason BBB gave them an F, ie they were doing questionable "sale" or "special" advertising.

Reply to
trader_4

I think that every time I see their overplayed commercials. A pillow is a pillow. The $5 ones are Walmart suit me fine. They last a few years, and when they get flat, tear, or begin getting too dirty, I buy a new one, and the old ones get tossed or used on a pet's bed, if they are still sort of usable. Pillows are nothing but a cloth bag filled with shreaded foam. There is no pillow worth $100. When you pay $100 for a "Mypillow", you're paying $5 for the pillow and $95 to cover the costs of their TV commercials.

Reply to
take5

Could be, but I find that they're sales tactics are questionable not to mention that they themselves started the Sleep Association

Reply to
ChairMan

I'd be interested to see what the legal tag says about the contents or fill

Reply to
ChairMan

I kind of figured that about the "Sleep Association" the first time I heard that in their ads.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway