Frozen radiator knob

Hi,

In our upstairs bedrooms there are older radiators for heat. Not the really old cast iron ones. I guess they are kind of like baseboard style heating units but with big metal covers that are several feat high.

To control the amount of heat they through off there is a plastic knob that is frozen solid and I can't turn it. I tried putting a pliers around it but I'm afraid I will crack it.

Looking at the back of the knob I see a lot of rust. What should I spray on there to loosen it up?

Is there a tool I can use to try and turn that plastic knob?. It used to turn fine but for some reason it has seized up in one of the bedrooms. The other one still functions properly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to
szeik

My choice would be Kroil if you can stand the smell. Probably hard to find locally. Maybe some PB Blater coud be found.

If you could get the knob off you might try tapping it with a hammer.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery