Radiator valve/knob is stuck on hottest

Radiator valve/knob is stuck on hottest open original image
Radiator valve/knob is stuck on hottest open original image

Hi, I don't know anything about home repair and need some help. I've just moved into a place for my second year of uni, and it seems like the house we've moved into is in quite a state. Most of it we can fix or ignore but the worst issue is a radiator knob that is completely stuck on the hottest amount. Right now we don't need it to even be on, let alone to be heating so much, so right now it's just wasting a ton of energy, not good for bills on a student budget. It moves very slightly but this has no impact on the heat We don't have any tools, but are thinking of buying some pliers to try and force it, but looking online, this seems like it can also break the valve.

DodoEgg

Renting? Call the landlord before you break it and lose your security deposit.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1
Reply to