Subject Author Posted Replies

Padding Boat Trailer Crossarms?
viz: I want to make those cross arms a lot more shin-friendly. Pool noodle does not last - tried it on my roof racks and it wore out quickly - and there's the diameter issue. Maybe pipe insulation,...
2
2

tiles above tub look wet
A few years ago this happened on another spot (I thought soap scum retained water) and eventually the wall crumbled and had to be rebuilt. Is it a sign the wall behind the tiles are wet? Is it enough...
2
2

Selling A House With A Wood Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?
My neighbor is selling his house. He has a wood shop in his basement, maybe 15 x 25. Table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw, a couple of workbenches, etc. The shop is at ground level, with a door to the...
23
23

Just Released - New Car features for the 2019 models.
Just Released - New Car features for the 2019 models. Beginning with the 2019 vehicles, all vehicles excluding semi-trucks will have "verbal signaling". This feature will allow the driver to say...
2
2

I used to buy tires from TireRack - now SimpleTire (how can they do it?)
For years, I have been buying tires from TireRack, opting to mount them and static balance them myself at home. This week, I called TireRack, to order a set of four passenger tires, where I picked a...
57
57

Framing a new closet door
Hi, I'm framing a closet in my basement. The pre-hung door I bought says it needs 81.75" height for rough framing and I need to set the framing across the top of the door (the "header", I guess)....
1
1

Is this venting dryer into utility closet a bad idea.
Is this venting dryer into utility closet a bad idea. This problem is one that bothers my landlady a lot: All the apartments were built with space for a washer and a dryer, with the dryer next to an...
32
32

LED lights for refrigerator
The CFL I tried in the fridge didn't work because the bulb had cold-start issues so am currently using LED purchased at Menards or Lowes Depot.
11
11

Ceiling texture
If you are doing the whole ceiling it is pretty much a freeform thing but if you are trying to match existing it is art forgery. It takes a real artist to do it. I would get a wall paper brush and a...
5
5

OT Turn signals
Half the time I can't see them because they are on the other side of my viewing angle. There are very few that comply to old laws. Every day I come upon a stopped car. I don't assume the blinker is on...
40
40

cubcadet rt 65 tiller
Tiller runs and starts ok but when I push choke in it loses power and backfires
4
4

Auto Body Shop Rip-Off Attempt
Painted black or black colored? Color sealed bumpers can be buffed out but painted ones need to be painted and if that were the case $600 is high but not outrageous. I've had encounters with both...
62
62

need help with contacts
After restoring phone to factory specs google contacts don't show any contacts. I've tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?
3
3

O.T. Amazon Pricing
From the Wall Street Journal: or Beneath the placid surface of product pages lies an unseen world of bots, algorithms, flash crashes and fierce competition.
5
5

OT: American drivers and pedal confusion
Why do I constantly hear of Americans confusing the brake and accelerator. Yet Brits never do so. Why? Some kind of coordination problem between left and right? For example: "Two staff members and...
57
57