O.T. Amazon Pricing

From the Wall Street Journal: or

Dean Hoffman

Need a subscription to see the full article, what did it say?

Reply to
philo

That it's a lot like day trading with computers driving the pricing. Click on

The article is on the left about a third of the way down. Look for "The High-Speed Trading Behind Your AMAZON Purchase..." I hit the link there and only had to x an ad on the WSJ article to see it.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Ok . by going to drudgereport I was able to get the article by just clicking the "x"

I know I've seen a lot of listings on Amazon that simply use web crawlers to list everything they come across and just add a few $$$ to the price.

Most anyone Internet savvy is not going to fall for it though but I guess they can try

Reply to
philo

Something I have yet to try but suggested by someone was to go to Amazon, put your stuff in the basket but leave and don't finish the transaction. Amazon might come back to you later with a lower price.

Reply to
Frank

Just had a look at my purchases over the last 12 months and it was about $100.

Mostly used books or small items all at very reasonable prices.

I generally just buy something if the price sounds right and don't bother about trying to save a few $$$ or cents.

Still recall when I bought my house many years ago.

Yep I was dirt poor but just gave them the asking price even though I figured they'd accept a slightly lower offer.

Reply to
philo