cubcadet rt 65 tiller

Tiller runs and starts ok but when I push choke in it loses power and backfires

Reply to
Norm

By pushing choke in, I assume you mean taking the choke off after it's warmend up? If so, are you sure which way is choke on and which is choke off? If you choke it when it doesn't need it, losing power and backfiring seems more likely to me than if that happens when you take the choke off. Taking the choke off prematurely usually results in in just dying or running rough.

Reply to
trader_4

That implies lack of fuel. Maybe some fuel tank cleaner would help.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

It could also be an air leak around the carborator area. That would give it too much air with the choke in.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

If you left untreated ethanol fuel in the tank over the winter, it likely funked up your carburetor.

Reply to
Kurt