Subject Author Posted Replies

Demand soars for concealed carry permits, data shows
BINGO
3
3

Generating power at night
The turbines already exist so no additional capital cost and night time use drops as industry goes off line. For homeowners though, battery systems are getting better and cheaper.
15
15

Lawn Mower Stalling Question
Hi, Have a few year old self propelled lawnmower. Typical kind of thing. Starts right up, and works just fine if grass is "low". But if grass gets "a bit" higher, although still a reasonably low...
6
6

Can someone tell me what the size of the nut that secure sthe blades on a John Deere LA 165 Lawn Tractor.
Too much trouble. Just use an impact wrench on them. I do not even have to block the blades to keep them from turning.
17
17

OT. More refinements for old engines
An article from Popular Mechanics: or The last one is two strokers with magnetos. I thought mags were history. They were used on some Minneapolis Moline power units from way back.
1
1

Short circuit in GE Profile Range
We have a GE Profile gas range model PGS975SEP1SS. Yesterday I smelled a burning smell in the kitchen and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. This morning I noticed that the light in the ove...
6
6

OT, The Harp Twins
Smoke on the Water just ain't the same on a harp.
1
1

Ac q
Yup, but it will also make it cold and clammy. I don't think you will achieve the results you want. The power savings will be nil or nonexistent. DAGS on air conditioning to help your understanding.
6
6

John Deere snowblower question
So what kind of engineer designs a snowthrower for the BACK of a tractor? Do these idiots drive to work in reverse as well? Don’t sacrifice utility… for economy. Enjoy power without compromise...
10
10

Antivirus in Windows 10
I currently run McAfee antivirus in my Windows 10 Pro PC. Is it possible or advisable to also run Windows Defender at the same time? TIA
5
5

O.T. Who/what organization invented/coined the word "Software"
Who/what organization invented/coined the word "Software"? I can't remember the first time I heard the word used at Bell Labs where I worked from 1957 -2001.
7
7

not sure if they are discontinued
I'm not sure if these are discontinued, but I can't find them anywhere. I really don't want to have to change the entire ceiling. Does anyone know where I can get these?
6
6

Solar can be without local suppyer !!!
SOLAR POWER What you need to know about Solar power that the slimy installers and=20 Solar company don=E2=80=99t tell you and don=E2=80=99t want you to = know!!! Solar Energy is nice clean and chip;...
9
9

OT - fake news really funny
After an exhaustive inquiry by The American Spectator’s team of award-winning investigative journalists this magazine can now report that in...
2
2

lift shingles on 20 year old roof?
Hi, any thoughts on whether it's safe to lift shingles to replace an attic fan on a 20 year old roof, NYC suburbs, shingles look fine, very little gra nule loss, single layer of shingles (not 2nd...
8
8