Ac q

1000ft floor, maybe 250 kitchen. I have an 8000 ac in the kitchen window pl us shit leaker in living roon. That is an unknown central (unit outside). I hang out in my kitchen. Outside is 90. In is 68 with ac full on. Can i ove rsize kitchen with a 12? Pros/cons? 120 outlet and i cannot afford a fix on the wall in the lroom. Looking an LG 12000 for 350 from wally.
Reply to
Thomas

If you can maintain a 22 degree differential with the 8000, you may be oversized with the 12,000 and have low temperature and high humidity. Are you running all three at the same time?

You should look for a calculator to find what you really need but you also have to take air circulation into consideration. If you can cool the air in one room but not move it to another room, you will not have good comfort. You may need a fan or two.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks. I agree using fans but i primarily hang out in the kitchen with the 8. 85 out and 70 at my seat at 5.30 pm, humidity is 41 out and 45 in. My goal is to freeze my ass off without spending a shitload every month. Diff way to ask....will a 12 stop at what an 8 can do? The 8 `says it is cold, the 12 says yes it is cold` is it just more power used a less of the time? Works out equal?

Reply to
Thomas

Once consideration is efficiency. If the 8 is 15 years old, the 12 may use less or equal power. My only concern is humidity. If it drops the temperature too fast, it gets cool but the moisture is not taken out and it can get damp and feel clammy.

If you can move the air around and keep the unit working enough you'd be ok.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Right now 06 thirty it is 80 out and 72 in. I suspect im losing due to latent heat on black shingles with no breeze. Units are on all day as cold as they can. The units have no remotes or anything fancy so im guessing they are old. Will a 12 kick the shit out of an 8?

Reply to
Thomas

Yes, it will!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yup, but it will also make it cold and clammy. I don't think you will achieve the results you want. The power savings will be nil or nonexistent. DAGS on air conditioning to help your understanding.

Reply to
Tekkie?