John Deere snowblower question

So what kind of engineer designs a snowthrower for the BACK of a tractor? Do these idiots drive to work in reverse as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXId0LRFwXY

On 5/19/17 11:01 AM, John Deere wrote:

An engineer who has a marketful of buyers who do not want to undo the front loader bucket, and wants to make quick work of clearing the snow.
Wish I had one .....
On Fri, 19 May 2017 11:01:19 -0400, John Deere

It simplifies the power transmission to the blower - front PTO is complex, and hydraulic more expensive. Also with a BIG blower it is harder to see past them on the road with them in front , and positioning of the blower CAN be more precise with the rear wheel steering.
On 5/19/17 10:01 AM, John Deere wrote:

Practical ones. The back end of a traditional tractor can hold more weight than the front end. And having the blower on the back end won't make steering harder. Bale forks for the large round bales are also made for the rear end three point lifts.

A rear mount blower is a total fail! Sure, you can handle bales with a three-point but you are driving forward to deliver the bale. A blower is on the ground when in use and doesn't weigh that much to lift so weight is not an issue. Try backing up with a blower in use and you'll change your opinion FAST ! Rear mount sucks.
On 5/20/2017 9:01 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:

It's all about the power. On a large tractor all the power, other than to move it back and forth, is at the PTO. You see the plume of snow in the video, it doesn't get that way with an auxiliary 12hp motor driving that two-stage blower.
It may look like a PITA to operate but having BTDT in my yute with a rear mounted blower and a 1000' driveway and paved area near the houses and outbuildings, I can tell you it beats the crap out of a blade mounted in front of a 4x4 - especially in drifts.
On Sat, 20 May 2017 11:15:22 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

And on a 2wd tractor the weight oif the blower over the drive wheels beats having the weight out front, hands down, when you get into the "real stuff".

The blower doesn't add weight to either front or rear. It is in contact with the ground when in operation! ;>)
On Sat, 20 May 2017 19:08:41 -0400, "Phil Kangas"

Sometimes. Many a time I've taken 2 cuts with the blower. take it down to a foot of snow on the first run, then scrape it down to bare on the second run. A wind packed 4 foot drift over top of glare ice isn't a lot of fun - even with chains on.
On Sat, 20 May 2017 10:01:50 -0400, "Phil Kangas"

Yet the overwhelminh majority of snow blowers are 3 point hitch mounted on the rear of tractors. Quite a few also have revered seats and relocated steering for "dedicated snow removal" applications - just like a fork lift.
On 5/19/2017 11:01 AM, John Deere wrote:

Damn, that makes my neck hurt just watching the video. I'd rather have a 700 series with 4wd drive and a front mounted blower.