Subject Author Posted Replies

Ham Radio SSN
None of the Ham FAQs have this privacy question. Q: Can you get a USA Ham Radio license WITHOUT giving the gob'ment your SSN? [callout] Getting Started With Universal Licensing System (ULS) New Users...
1
1

Ot tire question.
Thomas wrote in : You can't get better prices on name-brand tires than Simple Tire. Often with free shipping, which adds 5x15=$75 to Tire Rack prices shipped. I looked up what the difference is...
38
38

When truck is running there is no power...when engine is off , theres 101 volts
Power Inverter...1000 watts...12v input/120 output
5
5

mushrooms in soil
I started some tomato plants inside and after they got a few inches tall I moved them to some larger pots. Using some garden soil I got at Lowes I am now noticing some mushrooms comming up from the...
4
4

Zombie raccoons’ are freaking out residents
If you live in Ohio be alert for sick raccoons. They have distemper that can be transmitted to dogs. The video is freaky. A slew of calls by worried residents to Youngstown, Ohio, police about...

how can you tell if your breaker is bad
there's no power in a bedroom ,the rest of the house has power
4
4

Can the Apple Map App do offline mapping, tracking & routing?
Can the Apple Map App do offline mapping, tracking & routing? Today I tested the Google Map app on the $300 Costco 128GB WiFi only 9.7-inch 2017 iPad for offline mapping, tracking, and routing (see...
4
4

plywood strength question
I know I'm just whistling into the wind, but are you wanting to use the 1/4 inch plywood for? A 12-by-36-inch piece of 3/4-inch fir plywood can support up to 50 lbs. without problems. Plywood strength...
12
12

OT. Town covered in concrete
I saw this on "What on Earth". Two towns were destroyed by an earthquake. One of the towns was covered in concrete as a memorial.
2
2

can JB Weld be used to anchor bolts in concrete or brick?
Yes. Back out the bolt and pour the JB (or plain epoxy) in the hole, put the bolt back, screw on & tighten the nut and wipe off squeeze out. Wait at least three days before stressing. You may need to...
2
2

Old Hydrotherm RTS-20B Relay Transformer Box: Source For ?
Hello, Anyone know of a source for a quite old home furnace relay box: Was from Hydrotherm (but probably a Honeywell) and labeled: RTS-20B. Relay Transformer I can jigger something up from the present...
2
2

Homeowners are sitting on $5.4 trillion in ready cash, the most ever
I think they remember what happened to those people who did suck all of the equity out of their homes last time. Some are still living in their car.
2
2

septic alarm not working
Septic alarm does not go off when lift float but can hear pump go on. Alarm is an Orenco model A-1 installed in 1992. Need advice as to whether I can test alarm somehow to figure out what is wrong.
2
2

Two door bell buttons on front
I have a door chime that requires a diode but have two front buttons. I can wire either button with the diode and get that button to work. I can't get both buttons to work. I am looking for a wiring...
1
1

YouTube 500 Error
were "monkeying" with the system and we probably won't be seeing that message any more.
2
2