can JB Weld be used to anchor bolts in concrete or brick?

I have two pavers (one brick and another concrete) that I recently obtained for a special project. I had to drill four 1/4" holes near each corner for placement of an anchor bolt. When I did this yesterday, I didn't realize that there was something called anchoring epoxy, so I drilled all the way through. Each bolt has a head so I went all the way through and then used a stop nut on the non-headed end; probably not the best way. Anyway, now the bolt of course rotates when I try to secure the paver to wood. I was just thinking of placing a small amount of JB Weld into each hole to stop the rotation of the anchor and wondered if this could work? Don't see the need now for spending twenty something on concrete epoxy for something this small and it's pretty much done, just need to stop the bolt rotation.

Thanks!

Reply to
JBI

Yes. Back out the bolt and pour the JB (or plain epoxy) in the hole, put the bolt back, screw on & tighten the nut and wipe off squeeze out. Wait at least three days before stressing. You may need to enlarge the holes.

Reply to
dadiOH

Alternatively, assuming the bolts are flat head as shown in your later drawing, take out the bolts and grind a flat on two parralel sides of the head so they are no longer round. Now put them back in and pack the epoxy around the head. If you want to be able to remove the bolt from the brick, dip the head in wax or grease before the epoxy.

Reply to
dadiOH