Subject Author Posted Replies

Drain Valve Type On New House Water Heater ?
Same on my recently installed new water heater. Maybe the mfr is saving money by not installing a faucet handle- or discouraging owners from draining out a few gallons every few months.
7
7

Exotic Tick Species Arrives In Jersey
you've been here for much longer than a year
3
3

A/C Mini-Split System
I'm told that: mini-split systems handle both heating and cooling. One condenser unit can supply several evaporator units. Each evap unit has its own thermostat. Does this mean that each evap unit...
2
2

Flex tape, motorcycle rim ?
Replace the wheel with one designed to accommodate a tubeless tire. Trying to seal a spoked wheel, designed to be used with a tube, is going to become an exercise in futility. The first time you need...
4
4

Cars keep crashing into the rear of my car
I put a traffic light on the back of my car. It's a real one, goes from red to yellow, to green. Whenever it rurns green some moron crashes into the back of my car. How can I stop this from happening?
1
1

ot car repair
All you can do is tell them it was working prior to the R & P repair and after repairs, it's no longer working and you want them to correct it. If they refuse or suggest charging you, then it's up to...
5
5

Garage door repair
This stuff:
7
7

Boring deadbolt in exterior door
I bought a Kwikset powerbolt for my exterior door that wasn't drilled for a deadbolt. I picked up a Bosch carbon 2 1/8" wood hole drill. The issue is the door seems to be some form on plastic...
2
2

Ban the bats
Gang problems in the UK. Perhaps they love baseball. Ban all bats.

BIG mower
Check this one out: Normally sold to state and local governments for maintaining sloping roadside areas. I bought one of these for my 200 acre farm so I could mow the areas that the hay crew refused...
43
43

Why are motors not current limited?
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 9:03:54 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Dullknife wr ote: tool so if you over-stress it, it doesn't consume enough current to melt th e coils? sensors to prevent overloading. ...
265
265

Home Heating Thermostat Question
Hello, Have a typical Honeywell Thermostat that controls our home's gas forced hot water heating system. Can't find the manual for it, or a model number on it. Model is probably on the back, and I...
5
5

[SOLVED] OT - Medicare mandated wellness test
Discussed in other thread including our favorite Uncle. Had mine today and was prepared to answer, "State of Confusion", if asked what state I was born in. Had she asked, I would have also said, "I...
14
14

New fence issue
Hello. I just got a new PVC fence. I am on a corner and told both neighbors (side and behind) since they have dogs and hey share my fence (they don?t have their own). Now, the neighbor behind me...
13
13

need to be able to custom cut thin walled PVC pipe indoors
I am a student and need to be able to custom cut a thin piece of PVC pipe of the kind found in bathroom drains, which is a lot thinner than sch 40. I am doing this for an art project so I will need to...
10
10