Flex tape, motorcycle rim ?

I have a Vulcan trike. It has a spoked rim on the front. That means a tubed tire. I want to seal the rim so I can run a tubeless tire. Various videos show guys sealing the rims with 3M Marine Adhesive sealant or even silicone. Any thoughts about using Flex Seal tape instead?
On 4/24/2018 6:25 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

  I don't remember the company name , but there is an outfit out there that does this - they true the rim first and IIRC if they think the rim is not up to snuff they will respoke it for you . That tape might be good stuff , but I don't think I'd trust my life to it ... or why not replace the rim with one meant for tubeless tires ?
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 4/24/18 7:03 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

The tubeless tire for the trike is a bit larger diameter than the tire for the spoked rim. I'd like to keep the original fender which is different. It looks like it's time for a tape measure to see how much space there is between tire and fender now. I haven't compared the other parts yet. This site https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires 0-90r16-80-90r21 is handy. It's showing my current tire first then the one for a tubeless rim. I've been looking at Partzilla.com to compare things.

Dean, you've been posting on Reeky since at least late 2001. You've read all the threads about fitment, and, while I'm not saying it's not a good thing to revisit these memes from time to time -- just to keep up to date so to speak, I'm saying it's plain we have nothing new to talk about here w.r.t. motorcycling. For example, it's been plain for some time that catastrophic decompression of the rear tire does not necessarily result in immediate loss of control, while catastrophic decompression of the front tire does. Now, there may be reasons to risk it: conforming with fashion and style in chopped bikes, for instance, which might lead you to choose rims and tires that are less-than-compatible and even a little dangerous to use with any frame geometry you could name. But saving money is not a good reason.
--
Worst Case

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:25:04 -0500, Dean Hoffman

Replace the wheel with one designed to accommodate a tubeless tire.
Trying to seal a spoked wheel, designed to be used with a tube, is going to become an exercise in futility. The first time you need to adjust a spoke, the seal will break.
Also, most tubed wheels do not have the kind of bead required to maintain an adequate seal for a tubeless tire.