Rim Locks

Is it possible to get a rim lock that has more than 1 lever and if so, where from. I checked Screwfix and Toolstation but alas no use.

Police advised me to change the one I have on my shed at the moment.

Reply to
the_constructor

Take your pick from

Reply to
Bruce

Wise advice, this is one of the few types of locks that can be opened by a so called 'skeleton' key which can be made in minutes and which will open any lock of that type.

Reply to
Scabbydug

Come to think of it, why not fit a decent hasp and staple with a padlock, generally unless it's a very substantial shed it's only a visual deterrant anyway.

Reply to
Scabbydug

There is no technical reason why a rim lock should be operable with just a skeleton key. I have certainly seen them with three levers, more if you include Yale rim locks. I wouldn't use one if it could be avoided as they are easy to access so can be cut/drilled easier than a mortise lock.

Reply to
dennis

Nobody is going to use a skeleton key on a shed. The door is going to be unlocked in the first place, or the intruder will use brute force to gain access. Leave the rim lock and bolt a few planks on the door so that it looks as if you have taken security really seriously. Any intruder is going to whizz by, take a quick look and climb into your neighbours living room through their open window...

Reply to
anthonyJ