A/C Mini-Split System

I'm told that:

mini-split systems handle both heating and cooling.

One condenser unit can supply several evaporator units.

Each evap unit has its own thermostat.

Does this mean that each evap unit thermostat has the ability to change the flow of coolant to that unit?

Or???

I guess my question is, how does the condenser unit handle differing requirements from the various evap units?

Reply to
croy

Yes to all. These are inverter units and the condenser adjusts the speed to the load. That is how they can get SEERs up in the 20s. The evaporator units are usually driven by low voltage from the condenser so installation is greatly simplified. I guess you figured I am a fan. We have 2 here in addition to the whole house system and we end up using the mini splits more than the whole house unit. In the hurricane aftermath my little generator couldn't bump the big system over but it ran the mini split in the bedroom with plenty of power to spare for the other stuff.

Reply to
gfretwell

croy posted for all of us...

Systems differ. Why don't you ask the dealer?

Reply to
Tekkie®