Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I find t he leak
Yesterday, I found water dripping from my dining room chandelier. This hasnt' happened for 25 years, and when it did, it was after someoen took a shower in the bathtub. I take showers in the shower...
9
9

There will be NO MORE WEATHER this year
Thank goodness. I was getting tired of the weather, always changing, or when it stayed the same.
1
1

How to debug why my water pressure is zero after the tanks ran dry (and were refilled)?
Any kind of low pressure shut off switch on booster pump? I have one on my well and if power goes out and we use water and lose pressure I have to reset it when power comes on.
6
6

OT. Harley's woes
I like riding more than wrenching so I'll take a genuine Gold Wing.
25
25

air in pipes outside when watering
Recently had some toilet repairs done inside the house. Now, everytime we turn on the water, outside, there's the rattling of the pipes, outside. We don't have this issue inside on any faucets or...

OT, Mel Brooks 92 Today
Uncle Monster posted for all of us... I agree! He pushed the boundaries. A lot of his stuff would not be allowed in this present climate.
1
1

Unclog Mr Coffee Café Barista: Effect of white vine gar on coffee grounds/oil buildup?
No, I DO get your point but the water here is pretty clean, and I know calcified deposits from time spent in London!
25
25

Self Serve Garage Sale
  There's a produce stand like that on a winding back road near here . If you don't live in the area you'd never know about it .
10
10

Mounting a "Window" Air Conditioner in a wall
Air conditioners need four basic things. A compressor, condenser coil, evaporator coil, fan to move the air. In a typical window unit all of those things are packed in one box. Hot air blows out the...
5
5

Portable evaporative cooler
A friend is finding his whole-house A/C is getting too expensive to pay for power. I mentioned a portable evaporative cooler - most run $100 - $200, less than a month's A/C power. Anyone use one of...
5
5

OT: Christmas
Now the days until Christmas is smaller forward that in is backward.
4
4

Bathroom ceiling toward the walls than in the middle
We recently re-tiled the shower surround in our guest bathroom. The bathroom is a smaller bathroom, 5' deep and 8 feet long. Anyway while working on the tile, I noticed that the ceiling seemed to be...
5
5

The NSA's Hidden Spy Hubs in Eight U.S. Cities
The NSA's Hidden Spy Hubs in Eight U.S. Cities These fortress-like AT&T buildings are central to a secret NSA program that has monitored billions of communications, documents and sources reveal.
3
3

Re: Is Yoga a method of cursing someone?
On 26 Jun 2018, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote (in article): No, it is about posing for middle class women, and lecherous stares from men who get little or no sex. In other words, it is about sexual power.

OT: First layoffs due to trade war are starting
We knew this was coming and warned about it, now it's starting. om-trumps-tariffs-are-here/ Sixty laid off now, 500 by Labor day as sales drop to zero. Instead of cons umers buying nails made in...
2
2