Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Crews on brand new cruise ships are apparently incompetent too
I've not heard that in years. Nice to listen to, thanks.
25
25

Getting a damaged screw out
No they wouldn’t and I have said that two of them will work, using an extractor and drilling the entire screw out. There you go, face down in the mud, as always. When I get around to it I will post...
50
50

Phone box snap, crackle, pop
Hi All, One of the phone lines in my house has the snap, crackle, pops. question: what is the black thing all the wires are attached to? Lightning suppressors? came out and lifted the lines from my...
3
3

Timing model for applying pre-emergent crab grass control
It's about that time of year to put down crabgrass control if you need to do it. I've seen this discussed here once in awhile, but not in a long time. Here's a timing model that uses temperatures in...
1
1

What is the elastic strap for.
It's an anti pickpocket device in case you go to a DNC ralley.
5
5

Recommendations for a storage shed kit?
Be careful how you build. Where I live, if sheds have footings and a concrete floor, the square footage is calculated and the structure is taxed at the same rate as a house.  OTOH, build a...
45
45

Sharpening swiss army knives
Has the steel that Victorinox uses gotten cheaper over the years? I have an excellent knife sharpener that gives a razor edge on other knives but not on the Swiss Army knife. Andy
19
19

unrepairable lawnmower what would you try next
Starts and dies is usually a fuel problem. Is the tank vented?
71
71

Drillin' big holes
  9" in diameter big holes . Thru rocky ground with a lot of roots . And 24" deep , but I didn't do it by hand this time , I rented a powered auger .  Things I learned include when you feel the...
10
10

OT lawn tractor seat repair
I'm wondering how to re-upholster my lawn tractor seat .. It's a Deere ... green & yellow tones are good .. :-) John PHOTOS SERVED FROM THE AUCTION ADVERTISER PHOTOS SERVED FROM THE AUCTION ADVERTISER...
8
8

Water is heard running in bathrooms in the back of the house
Water is only heard when the water heater is heating water , which is often. Water bill has increased about double the normal amount. This is a gas water heater.
4
4

Evaporative cooler blower wiring?
We don't know what unit this even is or have it to look at. Have you looked for a wiring diagram that is often on the back of a panel or stuffed inside as a folded up piece of paper? Looked online? If...
8
8