Subject Author Posted Replies

repair small black and decker bench drill press
I don't use it much, every once in a while it's handy. It use to be erratic about starting and now it mostly won't. Symptoms: it runs only at the medium speed, and starts only after tapping on the...

Repairing curbside plastic garbage cans
That's right. Polyethylene cracking means it is degraded and needs to be replaced.
34
34

Cover Up!!!
I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH. Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls...
8
8

Whitewash!!
Any Mark Twains here ever use it?
9
9

Coal out -- Natural gas in
Jut got an email from my power company, Florida Power and Light, announcing my bill will be going down. This is part of their story: Over the last decade, we’ve retired coal-powered plants and...
17
17

OT = TV LG 55UJ6300 REMOTE
Does the TV have a factory reset procedure? Other than it linking to the PC and showing files that don't exist, what's the issue, ie are you trying to do something that doesn't work? What happens if...
12
12

Innovation at it's finest
Fisker Ocean, an electric SUV, has introduced "California Mode" air conditioning. They roll all the windows down. Now if someone would just come up with a small window in front of the regular window...
5
5

Whirlpool recall 500,000 fire-risk washing machines | ITV News
No problem. It's wet and moldy in the UK so everything is virtually self-extinguishing.
1
1

Lowes blows
I buy appliances from appliance dealers and lumber from lumber-yards, and hardware from hardware stores. I also buy groceries from grocery stores. Sadly the lumber yards and hardware stores are...
34
34

Moisture
On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:44:01 +0000, TD90
14
14

Water stained ceiling
What can be done about water stains on a wooden vaulted ceiling? Is there a way only the stained parts can be restored? Or does the whole thing have to be done? I am hoping you’ll tell me it’s not...
20
20

Perfection in craftsmanship
No job is so simple that it can't be done wrong 1 FP edit: I was unaware this "exact" dump was posted yesterday. All I can say is "suck it, I'ma take all these fake internet points and buy a Ferrari."...
3
3

replaced dryer belt and drum still won't turn
I have a GE Hotpoint dryer nvlr223egoww that stopped turning and, upon disassembly, I discovered that the belt snapped. I'm having a heck of a time getting the drum to rotate again. I've tried two...
5
5

An example of how guns used in mass shootings are bought in states with lax laws
An example of how criminals acquire guns in states with lax laws. Two of the five guns that the Jersey City shooters had were bought in Ohio. David Anderson had a long history of arrests for violence...
5
5

Hunting with a handgun.
A few years ago my husband took a deer with a .357. Cindy Hamilton
4
4