OT = TV LG 55UJ6300 REMOTE

I dunno where else to ask for this help.

I have a LG 55" TV LG 55UJ6300. Amongst its several input selections are Verizon, some HDMI inputs such as my HDMI-connected Toshiba laptop. Another selection seems to be my W10 PC in another room. I did not set that up, but my PC username shows in the LG selections. The LG wants to allow me to select pics, videps, and music there. None of the few filenames shown on the LG are on the PC in a full PC search.. None of the filenames shown under the PC username folder shown on the LG.

Doesn't make sense. I can find no guidance on the web.

Can anyone point me to, or give me, some guidance on this anomaly? Sammy

Reply to
samsung

You didn't do something really stupid like give your smart TV your wifi password or feed the ethernet jack, did you?

Reply to
OMG

Does the TV have a factory reset procedure? Other than it linking to the PC and showing files that don't exist, what's the issue, ie are you trying to do something that doesn't work? What happens if you try to display one of the filenames it offers up?

Reply to
trader_4

I tried a reset I found - had no effect. It appears to me that the TV wants to show pics, music, and video from the named PC. Alas, none of the named files seem to exist on the PC, and the files on the PC do not show on the TV. I am just trying to make what should work, work. I am missing something - not the least of which is some sort of guidance from LG.

When I display on the LG the files offered up, the LG indeed show pics, plays music. amd video. Where in the H the actual files are I haven't a clue.

The LG shows three folders, MUSIC, PICTURES, AND VIDEOS all under my PC's username, and all containing a few files, but none of the latter are actually on my PC anywhere - I searched for them. Weird. Sammy

Reply to
samsung

Are you sure that PC username is unique to the PC in question and is not your username on Google, the cloud somewhere, etc? What happens if you try to play them with the PC turned off?

Reply to
trader_4

My guess is they are just sample names to give you an idea of what you can do. I don't have an LG but my Samsung will link to the media library in W/7 and up by default. I never actually use that. I have a drive full of movies and other content plugged into the USB port.

Reply to
gfretwell

Dumb me!

My laptop was sitting behind my TV, on and connected to a TV HDMI port. I forgot all about it even tho it showed as one of the LG's selects. Why the usernames and public files on the laptop are showing up as another LG select I need to determine. Thanks

Any idea where I can find some user guidance on this LG remote? Sammy

Reply to
samsung

I have similar on my laptop via LG HDMI. Thanks Sammy

Reply to
samsung

That should be displaying the PC name you selected when you set up the network. It will do the same if you have a media library in a PC that is on the network too.

BTW I didn't know the HDMI actually talked to a PC other than just taking the video from the display card. I am not sure what that data path would be. My PCs are always connected to the VGA port. Is it also network connected (WiFi?).

I would start on the LG web site.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yep Sammy

Reply to
samsung

Been there S

Reply to
samsung

Surely there's a support group link or similar?

Reply to
dpb

yep

samsung