Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Flying Inverted
Came across this video of a Navy Blue Angels airshow with the #1 pilot rolling the plane over and flying inverted- i.e., upside down- at a very low altitude. How can a plane do that? Lift is created...
3
3

tree stumps in the way
I had an evergreen tree that got injured by snow, got old, died, and all but 18" broke off or fell over. I want to remove it and plant a rose bush there, but the roots will be in the way! I have...
13
13

OT. National Holiday Tomorrow 10/11/21
I'd forgotten that tomorrow is Columbus Day. It's also Indigenous People's Day. The Post Office and a bunch of federal offices will be closed. <> President Biden issued a proclamation this week to...
10
10

Why isn't table salt (NaCl) in five pound bags?
Why isn't table salt (NaCl) commonly available in five pound bags? Go to any supermarket or grocery store and you can find flour and sugar and rice in five pound bags. Go to Costco and you can get a...
44
44

OT - What kind of boat is this?
Anybody know what kind of boat this is? Fishing? Research? Yacht? The reason it's blurry is because it was taken at 30x zoom. It's kind of hard to hold a smartphone steady on a moving object at that...
4
4

My vet.
I found out yesterday that when my vet gave my dog his distemper shot, he injecterd a chip so that the dog can be tracked. And that more dogs die of rabies becuase of the so-called rabies shots than...

Pressure washer
Accidentally put gas in the oil tank of the pressure washer, how can I flush it?
1
1

Power Inverter Wattage
What size power inverter do I need to run a sawzall?
10
10

Lester Holt and the employment problems
Lester Holt did a story tonight that centered on why it is so hard to hire employees. One of the big problems is people are holding out for a job they can do from home. I agree that is great work if...
26
26

Attn Bud ref 5-20 on a 15a circuit.
You are right. I guess everyone just looked at 210.21(B)(3) and assumed that was it but that is only for >1 outlet. NFPA is going to double down on that in the 23 NEC. The 1st draft has them removing...
3
3

Ammo reloading
I know some here do it. This guy is going to give some advice on the best methods. HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – An explosion that destroyed a Hillsborough County home and left two people...
35
35

OT. Monty Python
Four guys talk about their living quarters and work schedules in the past. <> Pre Monty Python sketch from the TV who show At Last The 1948 Show starring Tim Brooke-Taylor, John Cleese, Graham Chapman...
1
1

donuts every 2 hours
OT I see that Dunkin Donuts makes new donuts every day, but didn't they used to advertise that they made new donuts every hour or 2 hours or so? And they dumped the old ones, so your donuts were never...
2
2

Precut Houses
My parents had a precut house put up years ago. The two guys who came to put it together took maybe 3 days to get it roughed in if I remember right. Are precut houses at all common now?
5
5

OT. Weather Delay at Indoor Stadium
There was a weather delay at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angelos. It was delayed because of lightning in the area. It has some openings at the top to let a breeze come through. <> Where were all the...
12
12