Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Aquaponics & Geocentric domes for greenhouses
Is this the right group to discuss Aquaponics and Geocentric domes for greenhouses? Or is a better group? thanks.
6
6

Physalis, Cape Gooseberry, Tomatillo, Ground Cherry, Golden Berry
Hi all, Can anyone help with this Physalis plant. It has recently gone from a lush bright green colour to having many mottled purple/brown leaves and purple stems. I have re-potted it today in a pot...
3
3

the glyphosate is safe enough to drink myth
can you read this boots on the ground report from someone who does actual research and keeps records and tell me you really want to drink that stuff? if you still answer "Yes." ... well... oy!...
10
10

acceptance
frost warning for tonight. not much left in the gardens that will be hurt by frost so that is ok. yet, i'm struggling with acceptance that the gardening season is almost over when it comes to what we...
10
10

Feelin' Screwed ...
Turns out that NONE of the tomato seeds I bought at Walmart that were supposed to be beefsteak actually are ... We got cherry tomatoes , and we like them , but that's not what I wanted to plant . The...
7
7

"Defiant" tomatoes
Has anybody grown them? Are they any good? They're supposed to be resistant to both early and late blights. Once again, late blight has wiped-out most of my tomato crop. They looked good until we had...

onions
in my continuing learning about growing onions... while going out this past week to collect onion tops/seeds to bring them in to dry (to prevent them from scatterings seeds all over the place) i was...

What fruit and what is wrong with them?
Recently we bought a property with apples and pears, damsons and plums there, also there is this fruit which i think are pears, but what is wrong with them?...
3
3

Hopi Lima Beans
We're taking the vines out today, blasted things only produced about two quarts of actual beans. My fault, probably, for planting them to close together. Ie. five seeds per square foot. Saved some...
2
2

What to do ...
When you're overrun with tomatoes ? Make Salsa ! Freeze some too , but I'm only freezing the Roma's . Here's my recipe , made it up after looking at a bunch of different ones online . I like it ......
20
20

Peppers gone: (
My peppers were pretty well ready to picked. Stayed at sons overnight, came home checked garden and peppers were gone. Has anyone else had thid happen? I do know it wasnt a person as there was no...
2
2

Figs not ripening.
We've had a fig tree that was here when we moved into our house four years ago. The long and short of it is that every year the tree gets full of figs but they never get very soft. We've cut a few...
2
2

one to bookmark
You'll see why. Featured Creatures

Neonic persistense
Knowing that many seeds these days are treated with neonics , I'm wondering if that stuff is also present in the plants grown from seeds from the original plant . And how many generations does it...
7
7

Heavy , Man
Went out to the garden yesterday to see how many tomatoes were ripe only to discover several plants in a heap in the middle of the cages . They are so heavily laden I had to tie them to the cages with...