Kitten eating fungi

With all the rain we've been having, some meaty looking fungi came up under some trees. We usually only have toad stools.

A kitten was licking and chewing on some with gusto. When I knocked it away several times it kept going back for more. It hasn't gotten sick or died yet.

I'm enclosing a link, hopefully someone can identify what kind of fungi it is.

Desert Dweller

I don't know. There are some weird fungi about.

How about this one from my paddock.

Is it a stinkhorn fungus (Phallaceae)? I have not seen my dogs eating it.

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Wow...... no kidding some weird fungi.

The kitten seems no worse for eating the fungi.

I'll just keep eating store bought mushrooms.

There are some ravines about 100 miles from here where there are always a lot of different fungi growing when it rains. I'm not brave enough to try any, even if an expert were here assuring me they were safe. I had some good mushrooms at the Chinese restaurant today.

Reply to
possum

Snort! How did you take that? Upside down with your feet on the ground or doing trick riding and haning from a stirrup? :-))

Before the link opened, I was thinking that the dogs woudld be more likely to roll in a stinky fungi, but rolling on that would be rather difficult ;-))

Reply to
Fran Farmer

At least it doesn't eat kittens.

Reply to