Somethings been eating my Bay Tree!

Whatever has been eating my bay tree leaves, also has a taste for rhodedendron and several other shrubs in the garden.

The half eaten leaves look as if they have been eaten by vine weevil - is this likely?

Whatever it is, they have attacked a lot of plants, front and back of the house.

Any ideas how I can relieve myself of this pest?

Steve Jackson Hatton, Warwick

Reply to
Steve J

Steve:

A fairly easy solution that might just work is to spray the plants with soapy water. I'm not sure if it makes the leaves taste bad or if It gives the bugs diarrhea, which kills them. I prefer to assume the former :). I've used it for a broad variety of plants, including vegetables. If it rains, you may have to re-apply if the bugs come back.

HTH,

Nick

-- Nick Owen

little help managing the garden.

Reply to
Nick Owen - GardenToDo.com

Good advice thanks Nick - I'll give a go!

Steve

Reply to
Steve J