What are these weeds?

My garden has been taken over by 2 types of weeds. One is a short clumpy g rass that has a brown top on it. The other ones look like oak seed pods onl y green with a redish stem. I do have photos if some one can tell me how to attach them to a note. I have never had them before and can not figure ou t where they came from. I don't want next year to be like this year so if t here are any ideas help would be appreciated MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

Upload to a free site like this:

and post the url.

Reply to
Frank

py grass that has a brown top on it. The other ones look like oak seed pods only green with a redish stem. I do have photos if some one can tell me ho w to attach them to a note. I have never had them before and can not figur e out where they came from. I don't want next year to be like this year so if there are any ideas help would be appreciated

Thanks, I can't get it to work. Maybe when the programmer gets home. Anyway in the mean time I have spent the last hours searching. I have found one, Chamberbitter. The other one has leaves like carpet weed at ground level, g rows about 2 inches and there is another row of the same type leave and the n a stem that goes to flower/seed. The seed flower/pods are redish brown.

It looks like both are sooo seedy that they are going to be difficult to ge t rid of. I think the next step is to look into what I can spray this stuff with before planting next year. Wintering with black plastic is out of the question, I did that last year and all it created was a horrible invasion of voles. MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel