the glyphosate is safe enough to drink myth

can you read this boots on the ground report from someone who does actual research and keeps records and tell me you really want to drink that stuff?

if you still answer "Yes." ... well...

oy!

songbird

Reply to
songbird

But but but Monsanto says it's safe ! I agree with you , one of the reasons I've been enlarging my garden every year . We (well , I , everybody else pooh-pooh's me) also suspect many of our family's "corn allergies" are probably caused by the glyphosate in corn products . It's weird that my wife never had problems until Roundup was in wide usage ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

it just seemed to me that Derald wanted to rant.

yep. among other things also being the natural self interest in knowing how things are going.

it also says that he's paying attention to details.

not having to deal with a pig with the runs would rank pretty high up there on my list if i were a pig producer...

agreed, the producer may have a bias against GMO but i would say that the bias became an educated one once his foreman picked up on it almost right away (another observant fellow) and then he himself saw those results continue.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

But his is only "empirical evidence" , not "scientific evidence" - do these idiots not realize that empirical evidence shows the need for controlled experimentation ? I've seen enough evidence to be convinced that glyphosate is NOT as safe as they'd have us believe . Further , I believe that in the end it will be implicated in CCD in honeybees .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

It's not the "Monsanto is the devil!!" folks here have ever done that...

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

i do not understand this:

"folks here have ever done that" ?

songbird

Reply to
songbird

People ranting about Monsanto makes up a pretty high percentage of the traffic on r.g.e. (and I'm not sure why Bayer Chemical and ADM get a free pass)

I think Derald is ranting about the ranting.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Sometimes there is a flare-up. But on the whole that depends on how you define 'high' (opinions might differ).

Nos *that* is an interesting observation!

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

maybe it seems so, but i do recall mentioning that some Dow moves on the herbicide resistance front are horrible and them deserving a swift kick.

i have a prime example of farmer stupidity this year in the field to the south. *sigh*

songbird

Reply to
songbird

zxcvbob wrote: ...

if other companies do glyphosate or related GMO products they'd be worthy of a mention, but i do not track all the companies which have licensed from Monsanto.

i'm sure other companies are developing or even have developed similar technologies for other weed killers. i hope they are tested better.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I agree.