Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Earwigs in the Basil
That's an edible you're suggesting those for. I wouldn't. Henriette
2
2

Re: Did compost kill my potatoes?
But the volume of compost has shrunk to 1/8 of the original I don't want to start a flamefest, but I don't think I have ever lost anywhere near that much volume. Probably no more than 1/3 lost, 2/3...
4
4

Re: Does five gallon container contain five gallons?
2x4's are denominated "nominal" for those whose dimensions _were_ 2x4 and "dimensional" for those that _are_ 2x4 after drying, etc. (Drying shrinks lumber.) No clue how 5 gallon buckets came to hold...

tomato watering regimen?
I live in Boulder, Colorado. I am growing four tomatoes in large 20" pots (patio; super bush; early girl improved; and super fantastic), and two tomatoes in the ground (big boy; some russian...
7
7

Re: Basil flowering
When last we left our heros, on Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:17 GMT, "Lorenzo L. Love" scribbled: Hmmm, I found them to be rather tasteless and not worth the trouble. And yes, I did let them ripen. It seems...

Re: Dwarf Plants
When last we left our heros, on Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:00:05 -0400, Pat Meadows scribbled: S'ok, we all miss click once in a while, and your name is familiar enough that I didn't mistake you for someone...

Difference in green v. black walnut trees?
Hi, I just moved to Redwood City, California, and there is a walnut tree on the property with green walnuts. How can I tell the difference between English walnuts and black walnuts in terms of the...

Re(2): Tomatoes not ripening
Won't ripen above 83? Wow! Someone should have told the many, many thousands of tomatoes my grandparents grew for market in eastern Washington. It was a rare day, indeed, that the temperature was...
9
9