Manure tea for foliage feed?

Hi guys, I just came across some about 6 month old horse manure, and put it in an old pillow case in about 40 gallons of water to make manure tea.

Is it ok to spray it on the foliage, or better to feed the root system directly?

also, how do I filter it so that it won't clog up my spray bottle? will all the solids settle out, and I can just remove the clear liquid off the top?

How long do you want to "brew" the tea? (the barrel is in the shade, but air temperatures have been 80+F)

thanks john

Reply to
JohnDKestell