Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Well no wonder !
  Seems that in the last week or two something(s) have been marauding my tomato patch . I thought I had it better protected ... yesterday afternoon I set up my game cam in the corner where they've...
31
31

08-04-2018 harvest
Hi All, My 08-04-2018 harvest: From top right to bottom left 9 Ron-de-nice Zukes rosemary 7 golden zukes potato onions purslane 2 anaheim peppers cherry tomatoes 2 ichiebon eggplant I made...
9
9

Not quite garden to table
  The last batch of tomatoes is currently making an extended stop in the big stock pot ... accompanied by hamburger , onions , mushrooms , and a host of delicate spices . And the house smells...
2
2

Color of carrots
The Many Colours of Carrot Roots

next year's garlic
Hi All, Zone 6b My purple grazer failed on me due to the warm weather in May. Grow Organic says these two will go through the winter and are somewhat tolerant of early warm weather. FP538 FP504 I love...
1
1

Preserving peppers
  By freezing them , that is . I read about chopping/freezing them , just how do you do it ? Is it portioned out for whatever selected purpose ? Frozen in a chunk and you hack off what you need ? Cut...
2
2

Wide open
  The trickle has become a pretty good flow of produce from the garden . A batch of tomatoes (quarts) every few days , jalapenos to pickle and serranos strung up to dry , another batch of Anaheims...
1
1

This pepper is busting my chops!
Hi All, This Anaheim pepper refuses to ripen! He is scheduled to be added to mushrooms, onions, onlive oil and tomatoes Once they them cook up, I am going to then fresh zukes. But he has apparently...
7
7

I need blackberry help
Hi All, I can't get my blackberry seeds to grow anywhere, except this one little sprouting pot. Question: are these sprouts really blackberries, or has I been nurturing a bunch of WEEDS? If they are...
30
30

The plant Internet. What does it mean for us?
Hi All, I saw a fascinating short documentary on how plants communicate: The Earth's Internet: How Fungi Help Plants Communicate: It is 5:20 long. The stinkers talk to each other! So, by now all my...
1
1

Another way to kill squash bugs
Hi All, I have discovered another way to kill squash bugs: 7th generation Dish liquid, free and clear: I ran out of my chrysanthemum spray, so I mixed up a bottle of 7th gen disk and water. Wow, one...

The first of many
  There are now 6 quart jars of tomatoes from our garden cooling in the kitchen . I did it all by myself - well , almost , I did use her notes in the canning cook book -and didn't screw it up too bad...
6
6

What to do with my dead garlic patch?
Hi All, My garlic failed this year do to the hot weather. My garlic patch is full of little tiny, squishy. failed garlic bulbs. Do I risk leaving them in place or should I dig them up so the won't...
1
1

pics: my first zuke harvest, and Slave! Water me!
Hi All, This is my first Zuke harvest! That is the Ronde Niece and two golden zukes on a bed of Purslane. Rats forgot to put the sprig of Rosemary in the picture. And I have Goji Berries much sooner...
1
1

pics, cucumbers, some garden views, water
we have been getting plenty of these this year... :) i think i'm about done with making dill pickles so we need to remove some of the plants. some of the gardens inside the fenced area: and a few from...