next year's garlic

Hi All,

Zone 6b

My purple grazer failed on me due to the warm weather in May.

Grow Organic says these two will go through the winter and are somewhat tolerant of early warm weather.

FP538

FP504

I love the comment on the Bogatyr:

Bogatyr is one of the spiciest varieties around Better have your fire extinguisher ready ...

Would I be overdoing things a bit? I did adore how spicy the Purple Glazers were when the stinkers didn't die on me!

Your thoughts?

Many thanks,

-T

T wrote: ...

garlic here is pretty easy to grow, i notice the music garlic is sourced from MI. no idea how it will do out there and in your soil/location because too many variables. i've never been able to get rid of all of it here, but mowing repeatedly is at least keeping it from having such an easy life these days...

it will be back next year and for years after i'm sure if we ever stop mowing. there's a lot of stored energy in bulbs and they'll downsize each year when conditions aren't great and then upsize any time things improve. mainly by mowing we're avoiding the scapes being able to spread new ones. eventually i'll dig out the existing bulbs - just not this year.

the more formal garlic patch has been lifted and is curing/drying in the garage. the chopped up stalks and roots have been fed to the worm farm. the worms always like feeding around the roots of onions/garlics/alliums in general and they also seem to really go after the left overs i feed them in the buckets too. i suspect the sulphur compounds taste good to them like they do to me...

songbird

Reply to
songbird