A couple of pretty pictures

Zuke Flower:

Cherry Tomato and Light:

green stuff growing and almost the end of summer! looks good to me. :) keep up the good work...

shelling/picking beans here between rains. now caught up on shelling so have to get out an pick for the next few days while the rains have let up and thing are drying out enough.

tomato harvest is mostly done, a few buckets left to go, but otherwise the biggest pickings are done.

squash needs to come in.

shelly beans in the limas are divine food. we both love 'em and now i have a 2nd lima bean a climbing red lima. the skin is a bit thicker but the flavor is what counts and we both are good with it so we'll see how many of these i can grow on the fence because it's nice to have things that grow up and out of the dirt... i can't mulch everything as much as i'd like...

what else do you have growing these days? i had an on-line friend send me some bunching onions to try and they've done well (live transplants) but i'm not sure how they'll do through the winter so it will be a fun experiment when i have to lift them and divide and replant and perhaps eat some of them too.

i have to decide where to put the garlic for the next crop.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I cheated. I only showed the part that was green. A few on my zukes are pathetic on the old growth, but the new growth is still producing fruit.

Zukes this late? They are my first to come in.

Right of Passage. I gave away some zukes to my neighbors who were tickled. Next step, their back seat! (I am a long way away from being that good at gardening!)

I have always hated lima beans. I wonder if garden fresh would taste better. I know turnips tasted worse, but that is the only one so far. And it is something I will never know now with the T2.

This goes to my theory that the reason most folks don't eat their vegi's is that they (store bought) taste like hell.

Cherry tomatoes, Anaheim peppers, Ichiban eggplant, goji berries.

Took out two cups of Goji's two weeks in a row. Yes my back hurt. Them guys sell for $24/lb for dried organic! (and they hardly shrink at all when they are dried.)

"Supposedly" this garlic will take the heat and not die off on me:

I am bereft this year without and garden garlic!

no, we don't grow summer squash, it's all buttercup and a buttercup crossbreed with pumpkin by the looks of it (they're orange, orange green or just green).

i can't say since i've always loved beans and lima beans. canned stuff is pretty mushy, but the fresh shelled lima beans when they're not dried out yet and then boiled until done are very good and can be cooked to desired firmness and no salt needed to be added other than in the butter. we've been eating a lot of them lately now that i have a large patch of them plus some growing on the fence.

sometimes in the past i've eaten plenty of canned vegetables and used them just as fuel and not worried too much about texture or flavor. it was cheap and filling and much better than fast food.

some time i'll have to try some. glad they've worked out for you.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

They are "weird", but I like them. Only try a few. My sense of taste is reset due to the ancestral diet. I can taste sweetness where others can't and gag on what others consider mildly sweet.