zukes, old growth question?

Hi All,
The old growth on my zukes are dying off. Should I cut them off or just let nature take its course? Will the open tubes open the plant to infection/bugs?
Many thanks, -T Tony Ewell, B.S.E.E. Owner, Rent-A-Nerd Computer Services 775-265-5150, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST/PDT
T wrote:

it is fairly late in the season, when do your normal frosts start showing up? in other words it probably won't matter...
songbird
On 09/07/2018 06:21 PM, songbird wrote:

October. Less work for me. I pull the whole thing out.