Old growth pine.

Just recycled some old wood I had that I picked up long ago. I stripped the finish off with a handplane, ran it through the planer.

Old growth pine is so much different than what we get today. The grain is so tight, the weight is a little more, but the hardness is much more.

It is not SYP. Too bad we can't get this stuff normally.

I need to make some winders for my volleyball program. The school recently stopped us from putting tape lines down. I had to order these vinyl lines that will sit on the court and stay in place on it's own weight and grippy material.

60 foot sidelines and 30 feet for the backs. 2 courts. I can't afford to line the 10' line. So in order to wind these up I need a winder.. First building 3 . The winder will have a wiper to clean the lines up, so that they are grippy for the next time, you don't want dirt building up, if it does they will slide around.
Reply to
woodchucker