This pepper is busting my chops!

Hi All,
This Anaheim pepper refuses to ripen!
https://ibb.co/gZG5Jo
He is scheduled to be added to mushrooms, onions, onlive oil and tomatoes
Once they them cook up, I am going to then fresh zukes.
But he has apparently got wind of this and refused to ripen!
How do farmers put up with the waiting!
-T
On 7/27/2018 10:49 PM, T wrote:

  We don't wait for them to ripen , I grow them for stuffed peppers (this is the first successful year) . Got another batch that are all between 5" and 6" that are about ready to pick ...
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 07/28/2018 04:41 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

rs

What is considered ripe? All red or mostly red?
On 7/29/2018 12:00 AM, T wrote:

  I don't know ... yet . This is the first year I've had any success growing them . And much like your experiences with blackberries , I had to get nursery plants because I couldn't get them going with seeds .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
T wrote: ...

depends upon the pepper. :)
for a green pepper i consider them ripe when the walls of the pepper have reached their maximum thickness. you can sometimes tell this from the heft of the pepper or by giving it a light squeeze. if it is very firm and heavy then it's probably good enough to pick.
for red peppers i wait until they are mostly red on the plant, but if there is a lot of rain or frost coming i'll pick them even fully green as they'll finish getting red after they're picked. not the same as leaving them on the plant, but good enough.
my peppers aren't doing great this year, but there's still plenty of time yet.
i've never grown any for drying so i can't speak of that at all...
songbird
On 7/29/2018 12:08 PM, songbird wrote:

  Serranos dry very nicely , and are very tasty in many dishes . I use waxed nylon carpet thread (from back when we hand stitched the seams) , make a slipknot and stick the stem in it . Got 20 threaded up and hanging over in the corner right now ...
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On 07/29/2018 10:08 AM, songbird wrote:

Thank you!
T wrote: ...

diversity. :)
there's always something to do out in the gardens.
songbird