Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

green onion experiment
Hi All, My grand experiment. I have a small area about 6' long by 1-1/2 ' wide that I let garlic, shallots, and onions just grow without picking them. I do this just out of curiosity to see what they...
14
14

need help with stump removal
Hi All, Okay, I know a bit misleading subject line, but ... You were thinking back hoe, dynamite, swearing, etc.. I have little trees growing all over the place. I think they are either cotton wood or...
6
6

tip on squash bugs
Hi All, Yesterday, I put the knee pads on and got down on the dirt to prune off the extra zucchini pants from my holes. The plants I kept were the large ones at about 10" tall. I noticed that in the...
2
2

Pointed Pumpkin Plants
I planted twelve varieties of pumpkins this year, all of which are doing well. Most of the varieties are similar in appearance but the Secretariat pumpkins have a significantly more pointed appearance...
10
10

peas :)
i planted them so i can refresh my seed stock and to have more to give away. it's pretty hard to do when you want to stand there and eat them in the garden. :) it has been too long since i grew these...
2
2

Potato problem
Hi all, Does anybody know what is wrong with my potatoes? We had a lot of rain this summer and they got some black leg too. Those potatoes were dug up recently to prevent spread of it....

Have I been Pampering a weed?
Hi All, This was suppose to be a Jeffery Pine grown from seed. Is this what a pine tree seedling is suppose to look like? Or have I been pampering a weed, again? Many thanks, -T
7
7

transplant clippings not taking
Hi All, I am trying to get another Choke Berry (not cherry) to grow by transferring a clipping from another plant. This is supposedly how these plants are propagated. I have been using this rooting...
31
31

onion marbles?
Hi All, I planted the onion marbles I got from Wal Mart. They are growing fine (go figure). Question: at what stage growth do they harvest marble sized onions for sale? Many thanks, -T
2
2

Help me kill this...please
I have this weed in my chile patch. It's shown up every year for quite a wh ile and every year it's a little more invasive than the year before. I can cut it off pretty deep, several inches, and not...
4
4

I'itoi onion
for hot dry climates. from da wiki... "a prolific multiplier onion cultivated in the Baboquivari Peak Wilderness, Arizona area. This small-bulb type has a shallot-like flavour and is easy to grow and...
14
14

How many seeds in an onion flower?
How many seeds should I expect from an onion flower?
2
2

pawpaw with falling fruit
The pawpaw tree here is dropping a bit of it's fruit, perhaps 1/3 so far this year. Anyone have a idea of the cause? Hul
2
2

Luck ran out
For the last several years, I've felt pretty fortunate in that the rabbits that I occasionally see in the lawn have never caused me any garden trouble. The Universe caught up with me. I went out to...
17
17

OT: first flowers of the year
Hi All, Something I can grow, besides weeds: -T Image KIMG0048 hosted in ImgBB
9
9