onion marbles?

Hi All,

I planted the onion marbles I got from Wal Mart. They are growing fine (go figure).

Question: at what stage growth do they harvest marble sized onions for sale?

Many thanks,

-T

when they are about the right size. they may root prune and lift them to get them to stop growing but the best way to get a decent start is to plant the seeds at the right time and then they will go dormant in the heat of summer.

if they are too big when planted then they may go to flower instead of forming a bulb the next time they are planted. also make sure the plants are kept watered regularly. the more uneven the weather the more likely the plant will flower.

even if an onion plant does flower the bulb may still be edible, just not well formed for storage. eat 'em up. :) still good.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Thank you!

So far the idea of curing them is lost. I pick them out when I want one and eat it shortly after. Garden to table!