Help me kill this...please

I have this weed in my chile patch. It's shown up every year for quite a wh ile and every year it's a little more invasive than the year before. I can cut it off pretty deep, several inches, and not hit its roots. I suspect th ere's a very deep runner or something and it sends up plants from there. Ro und-up (desperate here) seems to kill the particular plant but not the enti re system and its mothership. It roughly radiates outward from a point slig htly outside my property, on the other side of our fence.
I've never seen this before its first appearance in my garden. It's a tough ie.
https://imgur.com/a/X7O9a3Z

I tried your url here but it did not work.
https://images.google.com/
Maybe if you uploaded directly to them it would work.
Then thinking while typing I download your image and tried it myself I got this:
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiu5tZbMqzGXF2Li1FZGrHx6LeGNomvzi4tglBcAhODWVEVFqBOb2c_14G1_1gwh_1aDdXFZAqCvFlRxam6B-ERYcOB7kIhHcCn40jhYMxzvXbxjHqOdxWVfsMJxNmNRcNCqUW2FKXcDbtGlN4RcTYAWHhXKzXyMtMD7ao0bQOknXYjDT4WKOZpw-B2fw3QsNiMDCXwlEGo7AtC5rZpngI9pNIxTu7HdCK_1jQ6M1M79CAXYKCYh-FzPis5t2O_1hhfUkJmgREN8l46R24wJcGScvt8iW5PN622WnPwEt0ko-zwH7-QWe8qAcUjc6Qg8-cbpKUN_19_1uzV&hl=en
I did not take a good look at these results but maybe they will help if you did.
As for weed, I don't know but suspect weeds on adjacent property are sending over seeds. I have problem weeds also caused by intrusion of neighboring weeds.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

if you are going to use roundup/glyphosate on it you want to use it when there are plenty of leaves and it is actively growing.
if you don't want it to grow put a few layers of cardboard over it and put down a nice layer of wood- chips. not much can survive being smothered. if it doesn't get it all the first time rake back the woodchips and put down a few more layers of cardboard and replace the woodchips.
can you approach the neighbor to see if you can remove it from the other side of the fence too?
songbird
     snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

That appears to be a sort of bind weed (broad term) often called arrow leaf. And I agree it is tough. We have been managing it in our front bed for several years. Managing, because the root network is too deep to eracicate.
The thing to understand about RoundUp is that it doesn't kill anything, immediately. It disrupts root mojo and sends plants into dormancy.
If the plant has root stores OR a network to juicy brothers, the effect is limited.
I deal with this constantly with creaping thistle and bermuda grass.
--
Drew Lawson | Broke my mind
| Had no spare
Thanks Drew. Yep, that looks like it. Seeds viable in soil for twenty years ; what a doozy. I remember growing up on the Illinois/Iowa border and the A M radio station my grandparents listened to was in the Spring fueled by ads for seed and herbicide companies and they all mentioned bindweed in their pitch. (Dekalb XL! Dursban!) =8^)
Best