please help me identify this fertilizer

I remember seeing an ad for a lawn fertilizer on TV. It says we just have to buy and use it twice a year. I'm really getting tired of these fertilizers that say we have to use in Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Can anyone please tell me what is that fertilizer that I can just use twice a year and it will maintain the lawn well? Two applications are enough or should I do that four times a year thing? I want my lawn to be healthy and beautiful. I want to see how much the marginal benefit is by fertilizing it 4 times versus 2.

Any comments, please feel free.

Thanks.

Reply to
ted

Start with a soil test and then correct your pH. Only when that is completed do you move to the next step which is fertilizer.

Reply to
Beecrofter

Why not add a light layer of compost every fall and be done with it. Fertilizing lawns in spring and summer just stresses them, anyway.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens