liquid lawn fertilizer and sales sources for bulk

What's a good liquid lawn fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like to be able to buy it in bulk. Sources would be appreciated.

Reply to
rb

Why would you want to use a liquid fertilizer on your lawn? Not that it doesn't work, but it's VERY expensive, compared to a granular, and it doesn't last as long. This means you have to fertilize even more often, increasing your cost even more.

Just curious. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I'm certainly not against using granular. What's a good one I can buy in bulk?

Reply to
rb

You've a problem with Scott's?

Sorry, I don't understand the need for "bulk". Are you fertilizing acres of sod?

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

"rb" wrote in news:ngMYh.5624$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

I've use a bunch of fertilizers, but the best, by far that I have found is Turf Trust. Purple bag. After I established my lawn for 2 years, I just use this fetilizer 3 times a year, and I have a weed free, healthy lawn. I think one 25lb bag will treat 10,000 sq yards.

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote in news:Xns9929A60D1A4E5scheadleycohamdus@216.196.97.142:

10,000 square feet, not yards... sorry.
Reply to
Steve

Never use chemicals on your lawn.

Read this.

use a product called Dillo Dirt. Completely natural and ph balanced. You only put it on in the spring and about 1/2 as much in the fall. For a

2000sf yard about 400 lbs. Just sprinkle around with a shovel. I always have the best looking yard. :) This way you don't have to worry about poisoning the ground water and the critters that live in your yard.
Reply to
ythread

Scott's sells poisons and could care less that they are poisoning the ground water and killing our trees.

I know. I remind them from time to time and they have no answers for their crimes.

Jim

Reply to
ythread

Empty your septic tank onto your lawn.

Reply to
Steveo

I'll tell you what. My yard always looks great. I was skeptical at first too but that stuff is great soil conditioner. You know what they always say that the grass always grows greener over the septic tank.

The first time I got it I didn't know what it was. :) LOL I used to do waste water management and I was told sludge is the best soil conditioner there is and they were right.

Reply to
ythread

fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like to

Yeah, I've been wondering why I have dead squirrels and deer laying all over my lawn. Must have been that bag of fertilizer. Must be real convenient using Dillo Dirt. Only 400lbs for 2000sf? Let's see, I'd only need a ton of it to do my lawn. I'll go down to the home center with my car this morning and get some, instead of a 40lb bag of Scotts.

Reply to
trader4

Ignorance is bliss

Please read up on fertilizers

Here's a start:

the way. For large tracts of land you need a manuer spreader. They come is all shapes sizes and prices. For large tracts of land it's a must have.

Scott's = Death

Reply to
ythread

steveo must be real blissfull then.

Reply to
RobRobinson

I'm real sorry you feel that way.

Compost and manure is hardly extreme. Compost and manure has been used on lawns, farms and gardens long before fertilizers. In fact it's the original fertilizer. Please do some reading before you make more statements that shows your obvious lack of knowledge

What's not practical is using chemical fertilizers. A manure spreader is as easy to use as your broadcaster. Or just broadcast it with a shovel.

I had a yard just about as big as yours last year. 1/4 acre lot. It wasn't that hard to apply. I spread about 30 40lb bags of dillo dirt mixed with composted manure. I used a flat nose shovel.

I just moved to my much smaller yard and only used 10 bags of just dillo dirt. The results were amazing. The yard was in pretty bad shape when we bought the house last October.

They\ guy at Lowes said to not use over 1/4" but I think you can use less especially if you do a fall feeding. I like manure/compost much better than fertilizer not only for environmental concerns. Manure/compost is like food for your yard. Fertilizer is more like vitamins. It washes off too quickly. Manure/compost gradually releases itself.

BTW: Besides watering and weeding this is all I do. My neighbors will inevitably ask me what I use on my yard. :) The proof is in the pudding.

You should try it once and see how it goes. If it is too much work (it isn't) look into natural fertilizers. Check with a nursery that specializes in natural earth friendly products. Out here we are having severe problems with the chemicals used in weed & feed, round up and other fertilizers showing up in our ground water, lakes and streams. Please what ever you do please don't use weed & feed or round up type products.

Reply to
ythread

I would of thought that a ng re: lawn and garden would be more enlightened.

Reply to
ythread

Dude:

We all have our learning stages. I hope someday you take the time to look into what I have suggested. Just remember, the commercials you see on TV are propaganda and they are not telling you the whole truth. Facts are this stuff is polluting our water.

We all have our part to do. Some day hopefully you'll come around.

Peace.

Reply to
ythread

Ever try milorginite?

Reply to
Steveo

Dang.

Reply to
Steveo

Why drag me into your stumble, blissfuck?

Reply to
Steveo

That's the only reason I post here.

Reply to