Help Me - Please Help Me Find This Shower Base

Greetings, I desperately need to replace the (at least 10 years) old shower base in my basement (see photo with measurements at:

Due to serious and very strict space constraints, it *must* be a neo-angle 36"x36" model. So far, this requirement is not posing a problem since there are many manufacturers who have those in their product line.

However, the *drain location* proved to be a HUGE problem: After spending a lot of time in local hardware stores (including Home Depot and ACE Hardware), I discovered to my horror that they are not able to sell me such a 36" unit with a drain location identical to the one I have (8" from each side). :-(

I then started searching and researching the Internet. I found quite a few manufacturers that produce 36" neo-angle units, but it seems that the common drain location nowadays is about 12", not 8". :-(

A list of the manufacturers/brands I found so far is listed at the bottom of this page:

I am having hard time to believe (wishful thinking?) that I am stuck in this project, unable to find a replacement unit. After all, whoever installed this did not order a custom-made shower base. This shower base seems to have been standard 10-15 years ago.

While visiting those stores, I was given suggestions such as power-hammering the concrete floor to change the location of the drain or installing a "standard" 36" shower base on a raised platform (thus allowing to fit an elbowed pipe to the existing drain location) - but these solutions are highly undesirable.

Is there anyone out there who have seen such a "weird" unit? Know where I can purchase one? Know someone who can help find one?

If so, I would forever be grateful for eternity.

Thank you very much! Lynn

P.S. I am actually looking for an entire shower kit (plastic walls, glass sides and door, etc.) but I believe this is not a big issue.

Reply to
Linux Lover

Plastic, aluminum, and glass neo-angle showers are garbage. You could make a nice shower in the corner with concrete and tile that would last as long as the house.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

Yeah - no kidding. I'd either frame it up and install a shower pan and be done with it or I'd jackhammer the floor and move the trap where I wanted it to be. I sure as hell wouldn't shop the world to find a piece of shit base to replace the original piece of shit base.

Reply to
Blackbeard

"Blackbeard"

You forgot to request the required photo that we demand of all women that ask questions here...(I think it's safe to say this, since it's not crossposted in the idiot DYIer groups)

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Well that's true

Women are supposed to post their pics. The more obscene - the better the advice. Maybe we should change that policy and started requesting multi-media files.

Reply to
Blackbeard