How many seeds in an onion flower?

How many seeds should I expect from an onion flower?
T wrote:

the head can hold many individual flowers so do you mean the entire head or an actual individual flower?
if you mean the head it would be from a few to a few hundred or even a thousand or more (some of my larger onions get very large flower heads with many many flowers).
i haven't looked it up to know for sure so i don't know if this varies by cultivar or type of onion.
my guess is that each flower of the common onions i grow has six seeds.
now i'm going to go look it up. :)
i'm not having much luck on exact numbers so i will pull one out of the air. :) it will be a multiple of three. so three, or six seeds per flower seems to be about what i can remember.
these two links have some interesting information:
https://www.growveg.com/guides/ten-top-tips-for-growing-onions-from-seed/
https://www.hort.vt.edu/Welbaum/seedproduction/onion.html
songbird
On 6/23/19 5:08 AM, songbird wrote:

Sounds like one is all I need to replant!
Thank you!