Dremet Multi tool

Just seen this on ebay, is it a good price. Seems like a good package.

Are these things easy to use? Want to smooth the inner of my cars airbox to help airflow, thinking this would be the perfect tool.

TIA

Reply to
diy-newby

They are brilliant, the best, and vastly over-priced.

If you want to do a once off job, a clone will be fine.

The one you illustrated is an average price that you might be able to better on Google, but comes with almost no tools and a decent set of Dremel ones will cost the price of the drill again. Aldi/Lidl do large tool sets for a couple of pounds but only some of them will be any use.

EricP

The3rd Earl Of Derby

If you keep looking at Aldi/Lidl each week their clone of this drill will be on sale again shortly,for £14.99 with a range of tools and the stand.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thanks guys. I am very weary of clone or imitation products.....bit of a stickler for "you get what you pay for".

Reply to
diy-newby

They (and the perfectly good cheap imitations) are ideal for many other things. For example, I use one, with a suitable diamond cylindrical tool, to chase out cracks so that they can be filled, rather than covered over. One with a cutting disk will slice off the hardened bolt of a padlock in a minute or two - getting in where other tools will not reach. I keep one in the car...just in case. One in an NC milling machine will do very nice engravings..

But I wouldn't use one for polishing cylinder heads or inlet manifolds. It is more likely to add surface ripples and effects than remove them. They have a very small working area which is not ideal for producing large smooth flowing contours.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

I've got a couple of the Aldi/Lidl clones and they are ok up to a point. The flexible drive onna stick that came with one of them is particularly naff. You do get what you pay for with tools in the long run.

Reply to
malc

The3rd Earl Of Derby