Lidl multi tool and Aldi multi tool

Recently bought an Aldi multi-tool (reduced).

Now I see that Lidl are about to sell their version plus an accessory kit.

Does anyone know if the Lidl accessories fit the Aldi multi-tool?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

No. The centre hole which fits over a collar on the tool is too small. For my Aldi cordless one, if that's the same as the mains one. They don't fit my Fein either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Google for Saxton Blades, they do cheap blades for most makes & also adaptors.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

From memory, you were thinking of giving these a try some weeks ago. In the event that you did, what was the outcome - how do they compare from a performance/wear viewpoint compared to other makes?

Reply to
rbel

The blades were pretty good, at least as good as Bosch but much cheaper.

The velcro on the sanding pad holders wears out just like the Bosch ones. They are a lot cheaper & have a foam holder that allows you to get into mouldings much easier.

I shall be buying from Saxton in future.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Handy to know; thank you (I just bought the LIDL one; maybe I should have double checked Aldi first, but have some unpleasant cold/flu/virus).

Out of curiosity, are the two units identical except for the mounting point for the accessories, or are they different designs?

Reply to
Windmill

Oh that's not nice. I thought we had decided that most spare blades were "universal" now. The last sentance implies that the Lidl blades won't fit Bosch either or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dunno. If it helps, the hole in the centre of the Lidl ones is (approx)

6mm diameter. That's measured without taking them out of the packaging, as they're going back today.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bosch blades have 10mm dia hole but that doesn't fit over a spigot. The blade location is done by 12 little pins into holes in the blade. The fixing is via a 6 mm OD bolt into the machine.

So they might fit if they have the 12 holes... If I happen to be passing a Lidl I might drop in to look but I don't often pass a Lidl.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have an Aldi cordless, and that does have a boss that the blade is a tight fit to - presumably to centre it accurately. Although you would think the outer ring of holes would be enough. The Lidl ones have sort of slightly elongated outer ring of holes. I did wonder if it would be possible to enlarge the centre hole as the outer ones would fit the Aldi.

My problem is lots of Lidl close - but the nearest Aldi miles away.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Many thanks. I will order some.

Reply to
rbel

Works on the Bosch that I have.

Genuine Bosch blades have slightly oval holes, along the radius. The pins are oval as well.

If it was just a few touches with a round file probably but I'd expect the blades to be tool steel so a bit tough to drill or Q-Max. And drilling thin materials can be tricky.

Either are 20+ miles away for me. I dropped into the one I was "passing" in Leyland on the way back from work at Stoke this evening. No multi tools or blades. B-(

Reply to
Dave Liquorice