Lidl multi tool and Aldi multi tool

Recently bought an Aldi multi-tool (reduced).
Now I see that Lidl are about to sell their version plus an accessory kit.
Does anyone know if the Lidl accessories fit the Aldi multi-tool?
Cheers
Dave R

No. The centre hole which fits over a collar on the tool is too small. For my Aldi cordless one, if that's the same as the mains one. They don't fit my Fein either.
--
*The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach *

Thanks.
On 07/02/2013 16:33, David WE Roberts wrote:

Google for Saxton Blades, they do cheap blades for most makes & also adaptors.

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 20:02:11 +0000, The Medway Handyman

From memory, you were thinking of giving these a try some weeks ago. In the event that you did, what was the outcome - how do they compare from a performance/wear viewpoint compared to other makes?
--
rbel

On 07/02/2013 20:59, rbel wrote:

The blades were pretty good, at least as good as Bosch but much cheaper.
The velcro on the sanding pad holders wears out just like the Bosch ones. They are a lot cheaper & have a foam holder that allows you to get into mouldings much easier.
I shall be buying from Saxton in future.

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:56:54 +0000, The Medway Handyman

Many thanks. I will order some.
--
rbel

Handy to know; thank you (I just bought the LIDL one; maybe I should have double checked Aldi first, but have some unpleasant cold/flu/virus).
Out of curiosity, are the two units identical except for the mounting point for the accessories, or are they different designs?
--
Windmill, snipped-for-privacy@Nonetel.com Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m
On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:00:19 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Oh that's not nice. I thought we had decided that most spare blades were "universal" now. The last sentance implies that the Lidl blades won't fit Bosch either or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
--
Cheers
Dave.

Dunno. If it helps, the hole in the centre of the Lidl ones is (approx) 6mm diameter. That's measured without taking them out of the packaging, as they're going back today.
--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:28:01 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Bosch blades have 10mm dia hole but that doesn't fit over a spigot. The blade location is done by 12 little pins into holes in the blade. The fixing is via a 6 mm OD bolt into the machine.
So they might fit if they have the 12 holes... If I happen to be passing a Lidl I might drop in to look but I don't often pass a Lidl.
--
Cheers
Dave.

I have an Aldi cordless, and that does have a boss that the blade is a tight fit to - presumably to centre it accurately. Although you would think the outer ring of holes would be enough. The Lidl ones have sort of slightly elongated outer ring of holes. I did wonder if it would be possible to enlarge the centre hole as the outer ones would fit the Aldi.
My problem is lots of Lidl close - but the nearest Aldi miles away.
--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:00:47 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Works on the Bosch that I have.

Genuine Bosch blades have slightly oval holes, along the radius. The pins are oval as well.

If it was just a few touches with a round file probably but I'd expect the blades to be tool steel so a bit tough to drill or Q-Max. And drilling thin materials can be tricky.

Either are 20+ miles away for me. I dropped into the one I was "passing" in Leyland on the way back from work at Stoke this evening. No multi tools or blades. B-(
--
Cheers
Dave.